Thursday, October 03, 2013

Gluten-free Raisin Bran Muffins

Photo by The Baking Beauties
 In my wheat-eating days, one thing I loved was raisin bran muffins -- especially the ones from the supermarket bakery!  I would often get one to enjoy with coffee as a reward after all of the groceries were put away.

Sadly, they seemed off-limits now.  In fact, I had only found one gluten free muffin recipe that I liked.  And even it was sort of squishy and soft -- not really my sort of muffin, but I baked them anyway because I missed muffins so much.  It was far better than nothing.

Then I found The Baking Beauties.  Jeanine's recipes have not let me down yet.  I was delighted to find her recipe for gluten free raisin bran muffins  When I first tried them, I had no rice bran or flax, so tried them as some suggested using quick oats for the bran or flax component.  Excellent!  They tasted just like oatmeal muffins I'd made years ago and loved.

Next time, I used ground flax for the entire amount of flax/bran called for.  Delicious!  They are very close to my old favorite raisin bran muffins.  Maybe your family would enjoy them too!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:07 PM

    Mrs T, thank you so much for posting your recipe! My husband prefers gluten-free. I think he'd like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Gina! I hope your husband enjoys these muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.