Tuesday, October 01, 2013

October goals


Front cover of New Hampshire Troubadour, October 1950, from my personal collection
It's a new month ~ and probably my favorite month!  I love October.  It's still warm and sunny, with bright blue skies and of course the beautiful autumn colors ~ it energizes me, which is a good thing!  Here are my tentative goals for October:
* Continue reading through the book of Proverbs, journaling as I go.
* Continue reading Following God with All Your Heart
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses.
* Continue study of 2 Samuel
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Post several times weekly in one or both of my blogs
* Finish some UFO craft projects
* Make several birthday gifts and Christmas gifts
* Declutter several closets
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale
* Complete a back-on-track challenge
* Go on a getaway with my husband
* Attend a couples' retreat with my husband
* Finish decorating my house for fall
* Make some fall curtains and other home decor items

And here is how I did with my September goals:
* Continue reading through the book of Psalms, journaling as I go -- DONE!
* Continue reading A Woman's Call to Prayer -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses -- DONE!
* Continue study of 2 Samuel -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible -- didn't do too well with this, but did a lot better than I have been doing, so am fairly pleased.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- not done
* Drink enough water each day -- DONE!
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- did great with this some weeks; not so well on others.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Post several times weekly in one or both of my blogs -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO craft projects -- finished some, but still have some UFOs to finish
* Make a birthday gift and a wedding gift -- DONE!
* Declutter several closets -- not done
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale -- DONE!
* Complete a back-on-track challenge -- not done, and I don't know when it will be.  I'm hoping to complete this in October.


A glance at this list shows that I did okay with my spiritual-growth goals and fairly well with my creativity goals, but really fell down in the areas of homemaking, health and energy.  The need for a back-on-track challenge is evident, but I think I may revise my challenge to possibly completing two different ones, one for each of these areas.  We will see!

Happy October, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.