Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The absolute BEST gluten free sandwich bread!


Photo from The Baking Beauties
I'm not a frequent sandwich eater, preferring leftovers or a baked potato for lunch, but one thing I have missed since going wheat free nearly 2 years ago has been the occasional sandwich.  Especially for picnics.  I've tried several gluten free sandwich bread recipes and have been quite disappointed in how crumbly and hard the bread turned out.  I've also tried several [expensive!] gluten free breads from bakeries or the supermarket, and have again been disappointed.  The best one of those I tried was a millet bread, but now that I've found this recipe: gluten free sandwich bread from The Baking Beauties , I will have no need to purchase gluten free bread again.

I baked this bread before our little getaway up north.  We picnicked en route both on the way up and on the return trip, and it was so nice to have a wheat free bread that tasted so good.  It's a nice soft bread with a whole grain type of flavor to it.  If you are looking for a good gluten free bread recipe, your search is over.  Head on over to The Baking Beauties and check out this wonderful sandwich bread.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.