Friday, October 05, 2007

Best-of-the-Best White Chili



Photo from Taste of Home
Okay, I guess I really need to share this recipe again! From responses to my slow cooker white chili, I see that many folks are looking for a good white chili recipe. This is it! I posted this here on my blog last August, but for the convenience of all who would like to try this, I'm posting it again. Enjoy!

CREAMY WHITE CHILI

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tblsp. vegetable oil
2 cans (15 1/2 oz. each) great northern beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream*

In large saucepan, saute‚ chicken, onion & garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies & seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream & whipping cream. Serve immediately.

* I have sometimes left this out, or other times I substitute fat-free half & half.

Yield: 7 servings.

(I have also made this in the slow cooker; just make sure you don't add the sour cream and cream until the very last minute, or it will curdle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.