Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Nine for '09
Goals, that is! January is 2/3 over, but I have had these goals in place since the beginning. It's high time I posted them here.
1. To make my daily quiet time with God ever more meaningful. To add to my prayer journal as a means of doing that.
2. To eat reasonably, exercise, and drink plenty of water every day, and get a decent amount of sleep each night.
3. To continue to grow in the areas of godly speech and diligence in work. (These goals, as well as those listed in #4, are some that I set some time ago as a result of my study of Proverbs 31. They've been on my prayer list for myself ever since.)
4. To continue to grow in the practical skills of homemaking, money management, and time management. This includes sticking with the housekeeping routines that work for me and becoming much more faithful in doing them daily. In addition, I'd like to make this the year that I finally declutter my entire house. I also have a goal to spend less money on groceries this year, remembering the principle that money not spent is money saved.
5. To continue to grow spiritually and to use my talents and my spiritual gifts for God's glory. I have so many things I've been learning through my study of Psalms that I am anxious to share here on my blog, for example. I'd love to do more Christian writing -- articles, books, whatever -- in addition to my yearly summer devotional for kids.
6. To use my God-given interests and abilities to help bring in some household income. To this end, I want to expand my A-store and do more with it, and possibly even have an Etsy shop. I'd also love to find the time to do more writing for publication.
7. To be more of a help to my husband. To save enough money to be able to go on a weekend getaway a couple of times a year. To be an effective prayer warrior for him. To make our home more of a refuge for him.
8. To be more of an encouragement to all of our grown children and their spouses, as well as to our grandchildren.
9. To nurture my creativity. To try and create something every day. To finally get some of our many photos into scrapbooks. To post in my Christmas blog more often and to work on Christmas projects all year round.
Those are my nine basic goals for this year. I am looking forward to 2009 with great anticipation of what God will do!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.