Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nine for '09


Goals, that is! January is 2/3 over, but I have had these goals in place since the beginning. It's high time I posted them here.

1. To make my daily quiet time with God ever more meaningful. To add to my prayer journal as a means of doing that.

2. To eat reasonably, exercise, and drink plenty of water every day, and get a decent amount of sleep each night.

3. To continue to grow in the areas of godly speech and diligence in work. (These goals, as well as those listed in #4, are some that I set some time ago as a result of my study of Proverbs 31. They've been on my prayer list for myself ever since.)

4. To continue to grow in the practical skills of homemaking, money management, and time management. This includes sticking with the housekeeping routines that work for me and becoming much more faithful in doing them daily. In addition, I'd like to make this the year that I finally declutter my entire house. I also have a goal to spend less money on groceries this year, remembering the principle that money not spent is money saved.

5. To continue to grow spiritually and to use my talents and my spiritual gifts for God's glory. I have so many things I've been learning through my study of Psalms that I am anxious to share here on my blog, for example. I'd love to do more Christian writing -- articles, books, whatever -- in addition to my yearly summer devotional for kids.

6. To use my God-given interests and abilities to help bring in some household income. To this end, I want to expand my A-store and do more with it, and possibly even have an Etsy shop. I'd also love to find the time to do more writing for publication.

7. To be more of a help to my husband. To save enough money to be able to go on a weekend getaway a couple of times a year. To be an effective prayer warrior for him. To make our home more of a refuge for him.

8. To be more of an encouragement to all of our grown children and their spouses, as well as to our grandchildren.

9. To nurture my creativity. To try and create something every day. To finally get some of our many photos into scrapbooks. To post in my Christmas blog more often and to work on Christmas projects all year round.

Those are my nine basic goals for this year. I am looking forward to 2009 with great anticipation of what God will do!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 AM

    I am new here and I loved your prayer journal post. Have you posted anything on what you do in quiet time??? I would love to see an example. Blessings
    laura (australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound good to me too Mrs T. I need to save as much as I can this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies!

    Nice to see both of you here at my kitchen table. Arlene is a "regular" and Laura a new friend. It's so neat to have visitors here -- there's so much we can share around a kitchen table, isn't there?

    Arlene, I agree -- the prices of everything (especially groceries) have gone up so much. I am making everything homemade that I can. We used to buy muffins at the supermarket bakery as a treat just for the weekends. I think they were 69¢ apiece when we started that. Now they are up to $1.19 apiece. That habit has ceased, needless to say!

    Laura, welcome! It's a treat to have you visiting here all the way from Australia! I probably have posted something, sometime, here about what I do in quiet time. I'll try and check that out and write a post on that soon if I haven't already. Meanwhile, you might go to the search box in the top left corner of the blog header and type in "quiet time" and then click "search blog" and see what you get that way.

    Stop in again anytime. I love company!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  4. These goals are very convicting, especially #3. I JUST read James 3 this morning. Oh, how I struggle with my speech. God gives grace and continues to teach me in this area.

    Over on Carrie's blog, I saw that you made your own Boboli pizza crust. Would you mind posting it sometime? That sounds like something that would freeze really well and come in handy for a quick meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Hi Mrs T
    I am so enjoying sharing the delights of your kitchen table! Like Laura I am interested in an example of your quiet time. Will try the search right now. Have bought a small binder to start my prayer journal and a special pen to make the experience more special. Thanks, pinksparkle UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.