Monday, April 29, 2013

Goals for week beginning April 29

From my collection of antique cards
Last week wasn't as productive as I'd have liked, but it wasn't bad as I began getting back into real life following our 2-week vacation.  Here are some goals for this week:
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study
*  Finish Sunday School lesson 14
*  Start new Sunday School lesson 1
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Psalm 104:33-34
*  Read 2 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post once or twice in each blog
*  Continue work on kids' devotional book for summer 2013
*  Make a simple spring banner
*  Keep up with homemaking goals as much as possible, including decluttering several closets
 *  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.


And here's how last week went:
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
*  Finish Sunday School lesson 14 -- almost done, but not completely.
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- not done
*  Memorize Psalm 104:33-34 -- not done
*  Finish reading How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground -- DONE!
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- not done
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs -- DONE!
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- DONE!
*  Post once or twice in each blog -- -- DONE! in this blog, but not at my Christmas kitchen.
*  Continue work on kids' devotional book for summer 2013 -- DONE! (Just 5 pages left to do.)
*  Make a simple spring banner -- not done
*  Keep up with homemaking goals as much as possible, including decluttering several closets -- not done
 *  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- not done every day.


The upcoming week doesn't look too crazy (yet!) so I am hoping it will be more productive.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Wonderful! I'd love to read more about the children's devotional book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Gina!

    About the devotional book -- every spring I write a daily devotional for kids to use during the summer months. It's mostly for the kids who are part of our church's children's ministry (in our case, Patch the Pirate Club). Typically kids' ministries like this go through the school year and take summer off, but we realize that daily time with the Lord is important all year round, so that is why we provide a daily devotional for summer. I've written about 7 or 8 of them now and am at the point where I can just update older ones. This year I had to write a few additional pages to make it fit the needs of this summer. I will write more about it, probably in a blog post, when I finish the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.