Tuesday, January 07, 2014

31 Questions for the New Year

Graphic from CrossCards.com
 As I continue to consider what my specific goals for 2014 will be, I am utilizing these 31 Questions for the New Year from Revive Our Hearts.  I came across these this year and thought they would be really helpful.  The first 10 questions are the basic ones, and then the remaining 21 are optional.  Today I am just going to share the first ten, plus my answers (in italics).

1.  What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?  Continue building my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook.

2.  What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?  Turn around an impossible situation; bring physical healing to my friend Terry, if that's His will.

3.  What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?  More getaways with my hubby!

4.  In which spiritual discipline do you want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?  Meditating on Scripture.  I will be using the SOAP method of Bible study.

5.  What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?  Procrastination.  I will be praying about it with regularity -- maybe even daily -- and seeking to implement the "do it now" principle.

6.  What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?  I've just begun a study of prayer with my ladies' Sunday School class.  If a good number (or even a few!) ladies would become serious about answering God's call to be prayer warriors, what a difference that would make in our church!  And, of course, in their individual lives as well.

7.  For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?  My unsaved grandchildren and elderly relatives.

8.  What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year better than last year?  Try to take better care of myself so I will have increased energy to serve God and others.

9.  What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?  Pray each day about what I've learned from God's Word that day, and pray for God to help me apply it to my everyday life.

10.  What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years?  In eternity? This is a difficult one, but I think my answer to question 6 could go here as well.

So there you have it.  Ten questions, ten answers to help me finalize my 2014 goals.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we should commit to pray for one another in all these areas. I thank you for visiting my blog and letting me know you have been and will be praying.

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea ... let's do commit to pray for one another in these ten areas. I will print yours out so I don't forget one.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.