Monday, August 04, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Tart


Photo by Taste of Home
It's blueberry time here in northern New England, and both wild and cultivated berries are ripe for the picking.  I tried a new recipe this weekend for the church potluck lunch, and made 2 of these tarts.  Here's the recipe: Lemon Blueberry Tart

I made the crust differently, tweaking my gluten free pie crust recipe and just making the tarts in regular 9-inch pie plates.  For one tart, the slices came out of the pan easily and the other crust really stuck.  I'm not sure what made the difference between the two.  I do know that I will hunt for more of a shortbread type gluten free crust recipe for the next time.  The flavor of these tarts was great and the slices that came out intact were very attractive, so I will definitely try this again.  The only other thing I did differently was to use 2 whole eggs in the filling, rather than 4 egg yolks.  I only take time to separate eggs and find another use for the whites if it's really necessary to the success of a recipe, which in this case it was not. 

These tarts went over well and got great reviews at yesterday's potluck.  If you're looking for a sweet taste of midsummer blueberries, you will want to give this recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.