Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!


This lovely image is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings.
Mr. T and I would like to wish all of my readers and friends a very happy Valentine's Day!

A couple of days ago as I was praying, I came to the page in my prayer journal titled, "God, You are Love."  I thought the Scriptures and thoughts I have listed on that page would be perfect to share with all of you today.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  (John 3:16)

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."  (Jeremiah 31:3)

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us.  God is love: and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."  (1 John 4:16)

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."  (1 John 4:10)

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God."  (1 John 3:1)

God is love, and He has loved us with an everlasting love.  That is why He sent His Son to die for us.

"As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you:  continue ye in My love."  (John 15:9)

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  (John 15:13)

"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God."  (Ephesians 3:19)

The precious words from a hymn come to mind: 

"O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!"

~ S. Trevor Francis

This Valentine's Day, may you know the deep, deep love of Jesus in a very real way!




5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mr T. A good day for remembering the most important Love of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Happy Saint Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Hope it was a blessed and happy Valentine's Day for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful verses that you shared, and the hymn speaks volumes too... oh how wonderful it is to have the love of God in our hearts! Enjoyed this post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it was a blessing to you! Another wonderful hymn about God's love that I find so meaningful is "The Love of God" -- the one that states how even if the entire sky was a parchment and every stalk on earth a quill, it would still be impossible to write the extent of God's love. Maybe Ill share that one next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.