Tuesday, November 01, 2016

November goals


Here are my goals for November:

* Write out a passage from God's Word each day.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in both blogs as often as possible
 * Finish gifts for November birthdays
* Create gifts for December birthdays
* Start baking and freezing Christmas cookies
* Take part in a cookie swap
* Celebrate our church's 36th anniversary with a harvest dinner
* Finalize the Christmas gift list and finish shopping
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Make plans (and carry them out) for celebrating Thanksgiving
* Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house

NOVEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully

WORD FOR 2016: FAITHFULNESS

And here's how October went:
* Write out a passage from God's Word each day -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- I didn't get four done, maybe two or three.  Since I am writing out Scripture each day, I will suspend this goal until the new year.
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- maybe 15 times; most were not long walks.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- accomplished this for about half the month, I'd say. 
* Limit sugar and red meat -- -- DONE! for the red meat, not doing as well with sugar.
* Drink enough water each day -- this habit definitely needs work.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not kept up with very well, but things are getting done.
* Post in this blog every day and in my Christmas blog as often as possible  -- DONE!
 * Plan and create gifts for November birthdays -- all were planned, but only one completed.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not as much as I'd have liked to.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Attend a couples' retreat -- DONE!
* Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house -- still working at this project.

OCTOBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully -- these still need work so I'm setting the same goal for healthy habits in November.

WORD FOR 2016: FAITHFULNESS

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely post of goals for November this is, Mrs T! I too am a list maker...how good it feels to tick something off! {{Smiles}}
    I must visit your Christmas blog...my favourite time of year and oh! It is drawing ever nearer!
    Have a blessed week...much love to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly-Anne!

      And yes, please do visit my Christmas blog! I have loads of recipes, crafts, and so on in the archives that might interest you.

      A blessed week to you also, sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I am grabbing a water and going out for more leaf control. Well done, Mrs. T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! That "well done" means so much coming from a hard worker like yourself. Yay for leaf control!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.