Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Wednesday, April 03, 2019
Catching up on Wednesday
Since I didn't get here on Friday to share five things, I'm trying to catch up a bit today. Here goes!
1. Getting out to walk several times, and seeing this sight along our route:
It's always so lovely to see this seasonal reminder of maple sugaring season! Today we also saw robins and pussy willows, and heard red-winged blackbirds. Such wonderful reminders that Spring always will come "while the earth remaineth" (Genesis 8:22).
2. A little bit of blogging time last week. I even got to post here:
That's always fun! I have plenty to post about in my Christmas blog; it's just a matter of finding the time to do so.
3. God's strength as we finalized all of the details for a dear friend's memorial service at the church. And believe me, there were lots of details to pull together. So thankful for how God gives guidance and direction and how He uses His people to accomplish His purposes. More on that below ...
4. A truly beautiful, meaningful memorial service for our friend on Saturday. So many people at the church pulled together and used their gifts and talents and and time -- and yes, even their money -- to help this happen. It was a testimony to our wonderful Lord and a meaningful goodbye to our dear friend.
5. Opportunities for fellowship with friends, some from far away. Dear missionary friends from England were with us on Saturday evening for supper, at church with us on Sunday, and then we all went out for supper together on Sunday. We also had a nice meal and time of Bible study with our friend Noah on Friday night. Fellowship is so sweet and so important!
Below you see the creamy sausage stew I made for Saturday night. So thankful for slow cookers! We got in the door from the memorial service around 5 pm and our friends arrived at about 5:50!
And there you have a few things from the past week that I'm praising God for!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.