Friday, January 07, 2022

Sunrise, sunset

 


Recently we have had some really glorious skies at sunrise and sunset.  I thought I'd share a few photos with you today.  Above is Wednesday morning's sunrise.  We never get truly great sky photos here, because there are woods in every direction.  But these are all pretty even with the trees.

I love the "blue hour" effect on the snow in the sunrise photo at top.  The one below was taken at the same time.  Aren't the pinks and purples amazing?

Below are some sunset pictures from Tuesday.  They aren't quite as colorful as the sunrise, but are still nice.
 




Hope you've enjoyed these views of our recent morning and evening skies!

6 comments:

  1. Same story here—trees everywhere suppress the glorious views, though even I took a photo of one earlier this week, What a dreary day it is today with the tree down and the decorations put away. I need some lights! I think I'll go out to clean the drive and get some fresh, cold air.

    Thanks for the stunning pictures of those amazing sunrises and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful pictures!! Thank you for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets...even through the trees you can see God's majestic colors and design in the skies. Amazing! My favorite times of day. Thank you for sharing it all with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so wonderful to wake up and go to sleep after seeing such beauty! I love the color God gives us in the skies, our own personal art gallery to admire, and delight in. May the blessings of the Lord continue to be rich in your life! Hugs from Idaho :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunrise and sunset skies. I think the trees add to the beauty. I've never heard of the "blue hour". Maybe because I'm rarely up and at 'em by then. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki, you can read more about the blue hour here: https://photographylife.com/blue-hour.

      Here's a quote from the article:"Blue hour is simply the time of day before sunrise and after sunset when the atmosphere has a deep, dark blue color."

      It seems to show up particularly well on snow.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.