Carrie has just tagged me to do this. Oh my, I don’t know if I can come up with 8 interesting things. But I’ll try.
1. As a child (pre-school) I used to be able to cut paper using scissors WITHOUT putting my fingers in the holes. Don’t ask me how -- I couldn’t do it now if I tried.
2. I taught myself to read at the age of 4, mostly by looking at newspaper comics and asking my parents what different combinations of letters spelled. Kindergarten was not required in my state, so I didn’t go. In first grade, the teacher would often let me go to the library during reading class.
3. I wear glasses to drive and see things at a distance, but it drives me crazy to wear my glasses while trying to do anything else, like reading or cross-stitching. It’s not exactly interesting, but a lot of people don’t even realize I wear glasses.
4. I have had several recipes and craft ideas published in magazines and in Gooseberry Patch books. This has resulted in getting some free Gooseberry books and some free annual volumes from Light & Tasty and Quick Cooking. Fun!
5. I have a very hard time remembering left from right. As a child, I learned that my right wrist was the one with a mole on it, so I would glance at my wrist when I needed to tell left from right. Still do sometimes.
6. All 3 of my kids have nice singing voices and all 3 have been church pianists at some time in their lives. I, however, can’t read a note of music.
7. I have a gigantic cookbook collection. In the hundreds, for sure.
8. I do not have a green thumb by any stretch of the imagination. I have killed off more plants than I care to remember.
Okay, now that everyone is probably half asleep -- I guess I need to tag someone for this. How about ... Susan? (Or have you already done this one?)
Thursday Blessings And Friday Fotos
3 hours ago