Monday, May 21, 2007

A delicious seafood chowder



I've made this recipe a couple of times now, and we really, really like it a lot. Hope others enjoy trying this as well!

GOLDEN SEAFOOD CHOWDER

1 small onion, chopped
1 Tblsp. canola or olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
2 to 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, chopped
1/4 cup Clamato® juice
1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning (or use more to taste)
1 cup frozen salad shrimp
2 cups milk
1/4 cup flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can crabmeat, drained and flaked (I used about 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, flaked)

In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, saute´the onion in the oil until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, celery, carrots, Clamato® juice and lemon-pepper. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the salad shrimp.

In a jar or plastic shaker, shake the milk and flour together until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soup is thickened. Add the cheese and crab; cook and stir until cheese is melted.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

What a delicious chowder this is, and so quick to make. I found the recipe in Taste of Home magazine, but I’ve adapted it quite a bit to reduce the fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.