Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Some Christmasy preparations


It's been a busy and tiring day, but I did manage to get some Christmas preparations done. At long last, I nearly completed an actual list of what we'll likely be giving our loved ones. I also made a list of the baking and candy making I still want to do, and baked a batch of gingersnaps (tops dipped in red or green sugar) which I can now cross off the list. I made 8 packages of mulling spices for cider, always a favorite item in our gift baskets or for neighbor gifts. Last night I started a small crocheted stocking for one of the grandbabies. I've started to make some embroidered mini flour sack towels for grandkids who help their mom with dishes, and I recently found in my stash half a blue & white checked dish towel (I had used the other half for a wall hanging at some time, I think) which I cut in half to make 2 more mini dish towels to go along with the embroidered ones. I just need to hem the cut edges on the checked ones to have those complete. Hope to get a little more done on the stocking tonight, and maybe make an ornament or two as well.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Hello,

    I was looking for Christmas craft ideas that my kids can do at home. Love my short visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Atasha,

    Thanks for stopping by. You might like to visit my Christmas blog, Mrs.T's Christmas Kitchen. I do have quite a few easy craft and cooking ideas on there that would work great with kids.

    Stop by anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.