Thursday, August 13, 2009

A midday getaway


A week or so ago, Mr. T had a day where there was no work. He didn't find this out until that morning, and had already made his sandwiches the night before as he usually does. He did work around home in the morning, but we decided to take a picnic lunch to a nearby town where there are picnic tables and benches beside a beautiful lake. He brought his already-made sandwiches and I added chips and marinated fresh vegetables.

After lunch, we followed a path along the lake shore. We sat on a stone bench for awhile and just soaked in the beauty and tranquility.

The view from our bench. Can you spot the Indian on this little island?

The view to the left of our bench. So pretty.

I'm so thankful that God gives us these unexpected blessings in the midst of all our busyness and stress. Truly, He knows what we need and faithfully provides it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.