Saturday, May 10, 2014

May Goals


Not many flowers around here yet, but the bloodroot is blooming in the wildflower garden!
Since we were out of town when May began, and life has been fairly crazy since we got back, I'm late posting my goals for May.  But here they are at last:

MAY GOALS:
* Catch up with reading through the April-May portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible.
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent
* Continue to implement some of the ideas from the above book
* Finish re-reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
* Begin to implement some of the ideas and strategies from the above book
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Take an overnight getaway with my husband
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy)
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards.
* Plan and complete several handcrafted gifts for August-September birthdays.

MAY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Exercise

WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE

And here is how April went:

APRIL GOALS:
* Read through the April portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible-- not done.  Not wanting to tote this heavy hardcover Bible along on our trip, I carefully jotted down all of the references of the readings for the two weeks we'd be gone and placed the paper in my prayer journal.  Guess what?  For the first time ever, I forgot to take my prayer journal on a trip!  Thought I'd packed it, but I hadn't.
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent -- not done.  I took this thin paperback along but didn't have a moment to read it.
* Continue to implement some of the ideas from the above book -- somewhat done.
* Finish re-reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode -- not done.
* Begin to implement some of the ideas and strategies from the above book -- not done.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- not done
* Complete "Why Easter Matters"  Bible study -- DONE!  And what a blessing it was!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- didn't exercise, but did do lots of walking on vacation and in airports so I am calling this DONE!
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done every night, although we did do pretty well with this.
* Limit sugar -- sort of done.
* Drink enough water each day -- DONE!
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done.
* Take an overnight getaway with my husband -- not done.
* Travel to visit family -- DONE!
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- not done; my posting for April was pretty lame.
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy) -- not done
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Make some winter banners -- not done
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards -- not done
* Complete several handcrafted birthday gifts for April birthdays -- DONE!

APRIL'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Walking -- did well with this.

So, on we go.  May is a third over and I'm really not sure how well I'll do with the goals I've set, but I intend to keep aiming at something.  After all, as we all know, if we aim at nothing, we'll hit it every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.