Monday, January 02, 2017

Happy New Year and January goals


My wish and prayer for each of us is a happy, healthy, and spiritually prosperous year in 2017.  I think about what the apostle John wrote to his friend Gaius in 3 John, verse 2: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."  Gaius obviously had such a strong, vibrant spiritual life that John prayed for his physical health to be as vigorous as  his spiritual state.  I wonder, what would our physical health look like if someone were to pray that prayer for us?  Something to think about in a new year!
🌿     🌿     🌿     🌿     🌿
Meanwhile, even though I haven't set actual goals for the year yet, I have set a few goals for January:
 * Spend time reflecting on 2016 and consider my goals for 2017
* Begin an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 to 8 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Decide what our next Sunday School study will be
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Plan for family birthday gifts and begin crafting any handmade ones
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
*  Continue weekly visits to my dad at the nursing home
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house
* Possibly plan a getaway with my hubby
* Make a photo book
* Make a photo calendar
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

JANUARY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2017: STEWARDSHIP
 🌿     🌿     🌿     🌿     🌿
Oh yes, and here's how I did with December's goals, lest I forget:
*Possibly work on an Advent study -- did not do this
* Continue to read and meditate upon read Abby's posts at 25 Days of God-Given Gifts
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- only added 2
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- -- DONE!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- probably did this 10 or 12 times
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- this happened more often than not.  A couple times we got to bed by 9 pm!
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did well with the red meat, not so well with the sugar
* Drink enough water each day -- definitely fell down with this
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Post in my Christmas blog daily in December if possible -- I managed to post 22 times
* Post in this blog daily in December if possible  -- I managed to post 20 times
* Bake Christmas cookies -- DONE!
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Purchase remaining Christmas gifts -- DONE!
* Wrap Christmas gifts -- DONE!
* Finish decorating for Christmas -- DONE!
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- spent a little time, perhaps a half hour, on this
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Plan a special time with three of our grandchildren -- DONE!
* Attend a Christmas party for my hubby's work -- DONE!
* Take part in our church family gift exchange -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE!
* Write and send out Christmas cards -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
*  Figure out just how we'll celebrate Christmas with my dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house -- not done
* Make a photo book -- not done
* Make a photo calendar -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!
* Plan and enjoy our Christmas dinner and Christmas Eve supper -- DONE!

DECEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2016: FAITHFULNESS 

2 comments:

  1. You are organized! So this is how you accomplish so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as organized as I'd like to be, Vee. Hope springs eternal, though ... maybe this will be the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.