Tuesday, December 05, 2017

A pretty outdoor decorating idea


Last year I spied this beautiful idea for outdoor decorations at the nursing home where my dad was living.
 They had one of these arrangements on either side of the pillars at the front entrance.
 I took the photos with my Kindle and they aren't all that great.  But you get the idea.  The elements to the arrangements are mostly natural.   Large bunches of fresh evergreen branches were placed in sap buckets.  So appropriate to New Hampshire!  Pine cones and winterberries were tucked in among the greenery.  I'm not sure what the silvery dried materials are.  Dusty miller perhaps?  Possibly even goldenrod.  I can't remember for sure but I think there may have been some white twigs in the arrangement.  Then a red bow was added and each bucket was placed atop a chunk of birch with the pretty birch bark still intact. 
Hope this lovely idea is an inspiration to someone!  I would love to make one of these to display outside at our own home.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they? I have sap buckets and would really like to make one of these.

      Delete
  2. Those are very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I loved them and just had to share.

      Delete
  3. I really like arrangements with fresh greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lorrie, especially outdoors where they will keep well.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, and very New Hampshire-ish, with the winter berries and birch bark and fresh greenery. I do miss that! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.