Monday, January 14, 2019

Goals for 2019

(The delightful graphic above is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings.)

A new year calls for new goals, and it often takes me awhile of reviewing and reflecting to formulate mine.  Here are my thoughts as I look to 2019:

Personal growth (I included both spiritual and intellectual growth, as well as character development, in this category): Work on character qualities of unselfishness, kindness, compassion, perseverance, graciousness, and self-control.  Work at eliminating the time-wasting habit of procrastination.  Read, study, journal, memorize and meditate on God's Word daily.  As time allows, add to my "What do I know about my God?" Scripture notebook.  Attend a couples' retreat with my hubby and a ladies' retreat or two on my own.  Read and study at least 6 books.  Nurture creativity.
🌿
Health (includes physical, mental, and emotional health):  Exercise at least five times per week.  Get enough water, sleep, fresh air, and sunshine.  Cook and eat with health in mind.  Do something creative or craft-related every day.  Journal and write as often as possible.  Continually cultivate the habit of gratitude.  Continually seek to be joyful and to keep my eyes open daily for the little things that make each day special.  Find moments of relaxation with my husband as often as possible.
🌿
Marriage/family life (includes homemaking): Plan periodic getaways.  Take the best possible care of my husband and help him in every way possible.  Take advantage of every moment together.  Take time for dates.  Plan fun activities with nearby grandchildren.  Minister to my husband  and others with the gift of a peaceful, orderly home by decluttering the entire house and implementing homemaking routines.  Stay in good touch with faraway family by regular phone calls, emailing, writing, Skyping, and sending packages.
🌿
Money matters:  Spend less on groceries on a weekly basis.  Continue listing and selling small vintage items in my Etsy shop.  Pray about eventually making items to sell at craft fairs or on Etsy.  Consider doing some writing for paying publication.  Prayerfully fulfill my trust responsibilities, seeking God's continual guidance in them.
🌿
Relationships outside the home:  Be more of an encouragement to my daughters, friends, and the ladies in my Sunday School class.  Stay in better touch with faraway friends and family.  Make myself available to help and encourage those who are nearby.  Continue blogging as a means of encouraging other ladies; take advantage of opportunities to meet fellow bloggers.  Work harder at cultivating extended family relationships, staying in touch with and spending time with my cousins more often.
🌿
Ministry:  Deepen my prayer life, praying regularly for those with deep needs, praying daily for our pastoral search.  Continue working on and teaching the study A Woman who Reflects the Heart of Jesus.  Continue cleaning the church with my hubby once or twice per month and providing Sunday coffee break snacks once per month.  Minister to others with hospitality as the opportunities arise.  Continue our informal ministry of fellowship and mentoring with younger friends. 
🌿
Have you set goals for 2019 yet?  I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do find it very helpful to consider and set goals for a new year.  You can find further inspiration on this Pinterest board of mine: A new year, a fresh start.  Happy New Year, and happy goal setting!

8 comments:

  1. Great post and great Goals!! Soon I will be doing a similar post!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I will look forward to reading your post about your goals for 2019.

      Delete
  2. You have chosen your goals wisely!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! Happy new year to you and Joe also!

      Delete
  3. I do not set yearly goals...mine are much more short-term. I am afraid that yearly goals would swamp me. It is always interesting to see how you approach life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know, my monthly goals are just the yearly ones broken into twelfths, if you will. It's just helpful to me to do it this way, but certainly everyone has to do what works best for them. Hope you are having a good 2019 so far. Cold in your corner this morning? 6 below here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading the listing of your goals! I do believe that you have a gift for writing, and would be something for you to pursue! And it is wonderful that you are such a blessing to both your family and your church with all the commitments you have made. So thankful for our friendship and that the Lord allowed our paths to cross in blogland! May the Lord bless your desire to please and honor Him in a beautiful way in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Marilyn! 😊. May the Lord bless your year as you look to Him and seek to walk with Him each day!

    Your friendship in Him is such a blessing to me! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.