Yes, it's Wednesday again, so it's time for the Wednesday Medley hosted by Terri at Your Friend from Florida! Terri asks the questions and bloggers come up with their own answers.
Wouldn't you like to join in also? Just head over to Terri's blog, get the questions, then copy, paste, and answer them on your own blog. Then you can go back to Terri's and link up. Here we go with the questions:
Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing!
1. To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!!
I think I would rather commemorate the day by doing nothing ... that is, nothing that must be done. I would like to spend a day quietly, resting, thinking, praying, pondering, dreaming ... with some crafting time thrown in. It's almost certain not to happen, but what a nice fantasy!
2. Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child.
When I think about winter in particular, one of my favorite pastimes was paper dolls. I could spend hours making them and playing with them.
3. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day?
Taking some time to stop and pray and commit the difficult situation or situations to the Lord. Spending some time in the book of Psalms always encourages me. And a nice cup of tea or coffee or some chocolate doesn't hurt either.
4. How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date?
This was a very informal "date", but I think I was around 14 when a fellow member of my youth group asked me to meet him at a dance our group was having. I remember very little about it except for the dress that I wore. The fabric had pastel candy-stripes and I absolutely loved that dress. (I probably wouldn't have remembered any of this, if not for that question!)
5. Today is also National Fig Newton day. Do you like figs/Fig Newtons?
I like figs but seldom have them. I love Fig Newtons!
6. Tell us something random about your week.