Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday Medley for January 16



 Yes, it's Wednesday again, so it's time for the Wednesday Medley hosted by Terri at Your Friend from Florida!   Terri asks the questions and bloggers come up with their own answers. 

 Wouldn't you like to join in also?  Just head over to Terri's blog, get the questions, then copy, paste, and answer them on your own blog.  Then you can go back to Terri's and link up.   Here we go with the questions:

Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing! 

1.  To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!! 
I think I would rather commemorate the day by doing nothing ... that is, nothing that must be done.  I would like to spend a day quietly, resting, thinking, praying, pondering, dreaming ... with some crafting time thrown in. It's almost certain not to happen, but what a nice fantasy!

2.  Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child.
When I think about winter in particular, one of my favorite pastimes was paper dolls.  I could spend hours making them and playing with them. 

3.  What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day? 
Taking some time to stop and pray and commit the difficult situation or situations to the Lord.  Spending some time in the book of Psalms always encourages me.  And a nice cup of tea or coffee or some chocolate doesn't hurt either.

4.  How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date?
This was a very informal "date", but I think I was around 14 when a fellow member of my youth group asked me to meet him at a dance our group was having.  I remember very little about it except for the dress that I wore.  The fabric had pastel candy-stripes and I absolutely loved that dress.  (I probably wouldn't have remembered any of this, if not for that question!)

5.  Today is also National Fig Newton day.  Do you like figs/Fig Newtons?
I like figs but seldom have them.  I love Fig Newtons!

6.  Tell us something random about your week.
Getting back to walking after a week (last week) of having to miss it due to rain and snow.  Feels great! 


And that's the Wednesday Medley for this week!   (All winter decorating photos are from previous years ... most from 2010 and 2011.)

8 comments:

  1. It’s a very busy day for me on this Do Nothing Day. And I can’t remember what was going on in 1973 other than that I was in Oklahoma and not Maine on this day back then. The best answer for every problem is exactly what you suggested...take it to The Lord. Have a great day, though I am quite sure, knowing you, that it won’t be a do nothing day. Happy walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! Enjoy your very busy day and stay safe! Headed out for a walk in a few minutes, in fact ...

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved paper dolls as well Mrs T. I can remember cutting the Betsy McCall paper dolls out of McCalls magazine when I was lucky enough to get my hands on them. I guess children have no clue of the simple fun that can be had with simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother subscribed to McCall's magazine and she saved her issues for me. How I loved Betsy McCall! In fact, I even had a Betsy McCall fashion designer kit to make my own paper dolls and it included a light box (which I still have) and components to trace to make hundreds of different outfits. The hours I spent with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowmen you posted!!! So cute!!! I loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining in today!! I enjoyed your answers and would love to see a photo of that candy-striped dress! It sounds so cute! I need to find some fig jam... several folks have mentioned how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED playing with paper dolls, too, Mrs. T. Yes, I agree with you and Vee...problems go to the Lord. We, try as we'd like, just can't solve everything. We are not in control. Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comments about Cissy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I did not say it in my Wednesday Medley answers, I, too, loved playing with paper dolls. They always had such pretty clothes for every occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.