Thursday, September 05, 2019

While summer lingers ...


I really need to post some pictures of my hutch from Summer 2019.  Soon I will be changing the hutch decor to fall, and so today I finally made time to take a few pictures.

Often I will put up items with a strawberry theme for the beginning of summer.  Sometimes I've changed to things with a seashore theme for August.  In a perfect world, I guess I'd do strawberries for June, patriotic things in July, and shells and so on for August.  However, this year I put strawberry items out in June and just left them in place. 

I'll just share some pictures and captions now.
The bottom shelf:  The little hand painted blue strawberry dish is a particular favorite of mine.
Middle shelf -- love that McCoy teapot in the middle!
Next shelf: I love how the milk glass looks with the jadeite.  Such a refreshing summery look!
Trying to show a closer look at that vintage notecard.
Here's a scan that shows it much better.  I love this bit of verse and the illustration too!
The very top shelf; a green and white cup and two jadeite coffee cups
In its entirety
Hope you've enjoyed this peek at my strawberry hutch.  Over the years people have gifted me with many strawberry themed items (and I've collected a few myself) so I have plenty to choose from!

10 comments:

  1. Strawberries work all summer, don’t they? I once had a blueberry kitchen. How I loved it. Don’t forget to show us your autumn hutch once you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberries do indeed work all summer and they are still there. My kitchen has strawberry wallpaper so it is all good.

      I had hoped to get to the fall hutch decor today but we went out of town this morning and now, this afternoon, I have baking and cleaning to do so ...

      Yes, I remember reading about your blueberry kitchen and seeing blueberry mugs and so on. Do you still have the blueberry items? My mother collected blueberry things, and although she didn't have a blueberry themed kitchen, it sometimes felt that way!

      Delete
  2. Strawberries definitely work all summer. The hutch is the perfect place to add those seasonal touches. I am getting ready to put some autumn out even though it is in the high 90s with heat indexes in the 100s. Maybe if I pretend it is fall:) it will feel cooler. I will add it slowly so no one will think I have gone mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I love strawberries and since my dining room walls are a light vintage-y green, they go well.

      It's starting to feel a bit like fall here. I guess the beginning of next week I will put some autumn things out and put the strawberries away.

      I'm going to a ladies' retreat next weekend and definitely want to change over to fall before I go.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:32 AM

    I have a hutch just like that in my office.. except it's filled with dvds. Like your decor much better :) Lovely aqua dishes with the strawberry decor
    Lucie from http://luludou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I like my decor better than a hutch filled with DVDs as well! I like that I get to change it out from time to time!

      Delete
  4. I love your strawberries Mrs T. It reminds me of my Aunt's house. She had a strawberry themed kitchen when I was a girl and I thought it was so cool. My mother was not into themes so I think Aunt Joyce influenced my love of decorating. Looking forward to seeing your Fall hutch as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Aunt Joyce must have influenced your love of decorating, too! So cool that she had a strawberry themed kitchen! I think my grandmother was the influence for me. She was not into themes much but she did add special touches for every season and holiday. Changed out the candles and so on.

      My mother wasn't into themes at all. Once something found a place on her hutch it pretty much stayed there. People did give her a lot of bluebird and blueberry themed items and we eventually had to find another display area atop her sewing cabinet.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Love your strawberry summer theme for your hutch. My sister gave me a Telaflora strawberry cup and saucer gift in 1994 and I love it. Can't wait to see your Fall theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! As I mentioned I have sometimes done a seashore or coastal theme for August, but I've been too busy in recent years to do more than think about it. Strawberries are easy because I have so many things with that theme!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.