Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday five for January 10


Friday again, and what do I have to show for it?  It seems as if this has been somewhat of a "blah" week, and yet I have many blessings to be thankful for:

1.  Though far from perfect (cluttered background), the photo at top makes my heart sing every time I look at it.  It represents so many delights: a sweet table runner I carved out time to sew a few years back using Christmas fabrics from my stash; an ironstone pitcher from the family heirloom set I am blessed to own; and sprigs of pine from our own acreage and winterberries gathered on a walk.  The berries are drying out and getting wrinkled, but this arrangement is still on the table.  (It will be leaving soon, though.)  Below is a photo of the runner back when I first finished it.

2.  A nice afternoon and evening last Saturday.  Our dear friends Sam and Jenn came for supper and a Bible study in the evening.  During the afternoon, we took a quick trip to the neighboring town so that our son-in-law Jim could cut Mr. T's hair.  (He's handy like that.)  We took a bit of extra time to play a game with the grandkids.  The photo below is NOT of that game; it's from Thanksgiving and is a different game altogether.

3.  A wonderful New Year's message from Pastor Anglea, our pulpit supply on Sunday; titled "Unto the End", it really encouraged us to keep on keeping on.  In other New Year news, I was able to complete a Shutterfly calendar the other day to take advantage of a free offer.  Below is a screenshot of July's page.  I put this calendar together in quite a hurry, but it still came out quite well.

4.  Several nice days this week so we were able to get out and walk.  The time of day had to vary a bit due to other commitments, but the weather was doable each time.  Even on Monday when we were walking in snow flurries!  Photo below is from 2018 but looks much the same right now.

5.  A bit of creativity in the kitchen this morning.  I've had a container of this Bran Muffin Batter in the fridge ever since we made my mother-in-law's muffins on Christmas morning.  I wanted to bake the muffins before the batter went bad (it's supposed to keep 6 weeks, but it usually doesn't last more than a month) but I wanted to bake a variety of muffins.  I put a teaspoon of strawberry jam in each muffin cup for the first dozen.  For the second dozen, I added some dried cranberries and some chopped toasted walnuts to the batter.  Had just a bit too much batter, so baked some in a small loaf pan.

And that is this week's Friday five!  What blessings can you thank God for today?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful table runner you made, I admire talented ladies who are so creative! Muffins are a favorite around here too, so nice for breakfast, and for having one with afternoon tea.
    Fond memories are always made playing games with family, especially grandchildren.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Friday Five, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many blessings! My daughter has two job offers today...a choice to be made. I told her to let God make it.

    Your table scarf is really nice. I like the way you finished the ends. The vignette looks perfect for a New Hampshire January. 🌲

    Always good to see what you’re doing with the grands. Is it this weekend that you have another Christmas? Such fun. It still feels like Christmas to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing the photo of your husband and the grandkids. Such bright happy faces!

    Your table runner is very nice. I love table runners and have more than I can count from my quilting years.

    As for your muffins, dried cranberries and walnuts are always a good addition. Healthy and tasty.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the photo of your husband and grandkids, too. Very happy time. And I love your describing all that is in the first photo. It made me take a second and third look. You are blessed, Mrs. T. And doubly blessed because you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.