Time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge which takes place weekly at From This Side of the Pond. Joyce asks the questions, readers answer them on their own blogs and then link up. Here we go with this week's questions:
1. It's like my mama always said, "______________________________________________."
"This house is falling down around our ears!" Usually uttered on a Saturday morning to inspire us all to clean our rooms before going out to play. Right now I feel the same way. Cleaning and decluttering desperately needed here. I just can't seem to summon up the energy.
2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration?
I wish I had known this ahead of time. I would have chosen a warm meat loaf sandwich on a sub roll with barbecue sauce and melted cheese, along with oven potato wedges and some coleslaw. For dessert, I would go out for ice cream at one of our seasonal local places.
What I actually did have: some roasted red pepper tomato soup (packaged and oh-so-yummy) and a few saltines.
3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.
Green grass, apple blossoms, warm sun, soft breeze, no black flies ... maybe even a picnic.
4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by.
I'm going to pick growth, So thankful for the opportunity to grow spiritually and to grow as a person. Even though the past year has been a huge challenge, I'm thankful that even pandemics and lockdowns can't keep us from personal and spiritual growth.
5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it? (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)
The last thing I bought on Amazon was vitamins -- two bottles each of a super fruit formula and a pomegranate extract. Obviously wielding these in the battle for good health.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is the birthday of my hubby's youngest sister. Happy Birthday, Carolyn, if you happen to be reading this.
And there is the Hodgepodge for May 12!