Yesterday I did a couple of crafty things. I'd been wanting to make a new valance for our guest room window, and had a couple of calendar towels I thought would be perfect for what I had in mind. I was pleased with the way it came out. Basically, I cut off the calendar part from each towel and then hemmed them all around so only the picture part showed. Then I simply attached them to the curtain rod with clip clothespins.
While poking about in the linen closet, I came across another calendar towel just begging to be put to use. It had a lovely apple border and a picture of apples on the top. I wanted to utilize that border! I folded the towel so that the border at the bottom met the border around the picture, sewed it in place, and then simply cut off the excess (the actual calendar) on the back side. The result was an apple-y table square.
Also this week, I finished up the 6th in a set of 7 embroidered flour-sack towels. Here it is:
And that's it for now! (I also started a simple daily journal as described by Jewels at Eyes of Wonder. That's a crafty endeavor all its own.)
5 hours ago