Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for May 18


A cool cloudy morning here in northern New England. A few of my meals this week are repeat ones because we ate more leftovers than usual and the ones I planned didn't get used. That's fine; it saves me thinking up new menus. Here's my menu plan:

MONDAY: Smoked Sausage Gumbo, Cornbread

TUESDAY: Pork Stir-Fry, Hot Rice, Fruit Salad

WEDNESDAY: Roasted Vegetable Subs, either Pasta Salad OR Soup (depending on the weather)

THURSDAY: Garlic Lime Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Beans

FRIDAY: Crabmeat Quiche, Breakfast Potatoes, Fruit Salad

SATURDAY: Hot Dogs, Homemade Baked Beans, Coleslaw

SUNDAY: Italian Wedding Soup, Bread or Rolls

If you would like to see menus which others have shared, head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out the links. Often, well over 300 people share links to their weekly menus. You'll find some great ideas and often recipes too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning on making that pie myself this week. There is a reason I planted SIX rhubarb plants (hopefully being able to harvest a little next spring). :)

    Feel free to post the pie recipe on your site if you like. I think I wrote on the post what cookbook it came from originally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda! I was thinking of asking you if I could post it. I thought I might also post my other favorite rhubarb pie recipe, so that you can see what you think of it. It's a little bit untraditional and quite rich, so I don't make it that often. Yours, on the other hand, is on its way to becoming THE rhubarb pie recipe of choice around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.