Monday, February 15, 2010

Back-on-track challenge update


With this challenge, I decided not to update my blog every day. I thought it might be better to post a weekly update as to how things went. So again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with.

* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep

This week I did really well with exercising. I did my simple exercise routine 5 days out of 7 (which is what I usually aim to do) and went for a walk 4 days out of 7. I did pretty well with eating healthy through the week, though the weekend wasn't so good. My ideal eating plan is to eat healthfully as much as possible but I do allow myself dessert on the weekend. I got plenty of sleep. Drinking enough water still needs work, as I don't enjoy drinking water when I feel chilly.

* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture

I found a Scripture memory plan and started on it. This week I memorized 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 and meditated a bit on Philippians 4:8

* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money

This week I did some extra work in the weekly zone, which was the kitchen. One big thing was to have my hubby help me pull the fridge away from the wall so we could clean behind and under it and also clean the side, and the side of the stove which is right next to it. It didn't take us more than 15 minutes, but what a great feeling to have that done. I also bagged up a few things to take to the thrift store. Also, FlyLady has been sending out some special "Olympic" events and I've been enjoying doing some of those. My plan is to do them all.

* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory

I wrote some long overdue notes to friends this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lessons for this week and next. Began doing some thinking about the children's devotional book I write each spring.

* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day

This week I was able to post on my blog several times. I also did some work on cross-stitch and embroidery projects and did some scrapbook journaling. I also did some creative kitchen things -- made cinnamon rolls and glazed brownie hearts with my granddaughters.

So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! All in all, I'm pleased with how the week went, but there's always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.