Monday, February 22, 2010

Back-on-track challenge update


As I mentioned last week, I decided not to update my blog regarding this challenge every day. I thought it might be better to post a weekly update as to how things went. So again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with.

* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep

This week I did really well with exercising. I did my simple exercise routine 4 days out of the 5 that I aim for, and went for a walk 6 days out of 7. On a couple of those days I went out walking twice. I did pretty well with eating healthy through the week, only eating dessert on Sunday. I got plenty of sleep. Drinking enough water still needs work, but I did drink much more water (and green tea) this week.

* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture

This week I memorized 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 and spent quite a bit of time meditating on Philippians 4:8

* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money

This week I did some extra work in the weekly zone, which was the bathroom and home office. I scrubbed the tub/shower and washed the shower curtain and tub mat. I did quite a bit of decluttering and filing in the computer room. I also added some items to my bag for the thrift store. Also, FlyLady has been sending out some special "Olympic" events and I've been enjoying doing some of those. My plan is to do them all.

* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory

I wrote some long overdue notes to friends again this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lessons for this week and next. Began planning and preliminary research for the kids' summer devotional I write each spring. Had a lovely long phone conversation with a faraway friend.

* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day

This week I was able to post on my blog several times. I also did some work on cross-stitch and embroidery projects. I also downloaded some patterns for future sewing projects.

So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! All in all, it felt like a pretty on-track week, but there's always room for improvement.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! When did you sleep? It sounds like you had a very busy and productive week! I sure wish I had accomplised all that in the past week. I too am trying to get back on track with most of the same things as you. Life keeps interfering with my plans. Keep up the good work. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really missed getting together last night. I'm sure it was important that people stay home because of the weather and Mr. D and I spent some time praying together, but it is just not the same.
    We have been working the past few weeks on getting things out of storage. Things are stacking up in the mobile home, but it makes me happy to have stuff here where we can go through it and get rid of things we won't be needing. There is a load to go to the dump, mostly for recycle and I am working on stuff to go to the thrift store too. It feels good to weed out, no matter how small the steps are.

    You sound as though you are making great progress. Keep up the good work.

    God Bless!
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

    Subgirl, thanks for visiting! Please stop by anytime!

    Mrs.D, thanks for your visit too. It sounds like you are getting a lot of weeding out done. I am sorting out a tote of fabric today, trying to find some stuff to use for a project I have in mind. Hope your day is going well!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.