Monday, February 22, 2010

Creativity from a good friend



Just had to show you all what a dear friend did with a vintage Valentine she found on my blog. This Valentine is a favorite in my small collection. My friend borrowed the image I had posted
The original Valentine image
and made an Artist Trading Card out of it. I'll let her tell you how she did this in her own words:
"I saved, printed and cut out the Valentine card on your blog and glued it to a piece of cardboard that I had crackle painted. ... It looks a little faded on the scan but that is because the cardboard curved slightly as the paint dried so it didn't rest flat on the scanner bed. Anyway, you get the idea. I used red flocking on the bow, Stickles gold glitter around the heart and I accented the flowers with gel pens."
The finished Artist Trading Card
"I also took fine sandpaper and went over the edges and corners of the cardboard after the paint had dried to make it look more worn and old."

Didn't she do an amazing job?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I loved the crackle paint background, it made the whole card look more "vintage". I know that lots of older cards in my Mom's collection have flocking. I wonder how you do that?
    Thank you for sharing and thank your friend too.

    God Bless your day!
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, isn't it amazing? She used some special kind of crackle paint made for scrapbooking. I think she said the flocking is also something used for paper crafting, scrapbooking, etc. I believe she got it at Michaels. So many crafts, so little time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.