Monday, March 29, 2010
Back-on-track challenge update
Here's another weekly update as to how things are going with my back-on-track challenge. Again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with:
* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep
This week I didn't do so well with walking -- 3 days out of 7 -- or with my exercise routine -- 2 days out of 5. I didn't do so well with eating healthy at the beginning of the week, but things got better as the week went on and I started eliminating sweets and seconds for the weekdays. I found too that I didn't care for seconds on the weekends either, and didn't eat as many sweets as usual . I got plenty of sleep. I did pretty well drinking water (and iced green tea) this week.
* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture
Although I had a regular time of Bible reading and prayer each day, and worked on refreshing my memory of a chapter, I didn't really memorize any Scripture.
* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money
Again this week I felt as if I maintained the house pretty well, in spite of tons of sand and gravel getting tracked in each day. I did spend quite a bit of time cleaning in Zone 4, the bedroom. Washed windows/window treatments, did a bit of rearranging for spring, did some dusting, etc. Washed some windows in the dining room as well.
* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory
I wrote a couple of long overdue notes to friends again this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lesson. Spent some time on the kids' summer devotional book. Need to get much more done on that this week!
* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day
Posted on my blog a bit. I also did some work on embroidery and crocheting projects and finished a crocheted potholder and an embroidered dishtowel for a gift. Made a new table topper for spring and did some Easter/Spring decorating. Hemmed some dish towels and prepared one for embroidering.
So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! The week wasn't quite as on-track as I had hoped, but today starts a new week and I'm again optimistic about staying on track.