Monday, March 01, 2010

Back-on-track challenge update


Here's another weekly update as to how things are going with my back-on-track challenge. Again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with:

* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep

This week I did quite well with exercising. I did my simple exercise routine 4 days out of the 5 that I aim for, and went for a walk 4 days out of 7. The snowy, wet weather meant I couldn't walk every day. I did pretty well with eating healthy through the week, but not so good on Saturday (I made cookies) or Sunday. I got plenty of sleep. Drinking enough water still needs work, but I did drink much more water (and green tea) this week.

* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture

This week I refreshed my memory with Proverbs 31:30-31 and spent quite a bit of time meditating on Philippians 4:8

* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money

Didn't do so well this week; though I felt as if I maintained the house pretty well, I didn't get any decluttering done. Did try a couple of frugal recipes -- one for granola bars which I would definitely use again and one for cereal bars which weren't worth the trouble, in my opinion.

* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory

I wrote some long overdue notes to friends again this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lessons for this week and next. Reached the conclusion that God would have me revise one of my older devotional books rather than put the time and energy (both at a premium) into writing a brand new one at this time.

* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day

This week I was able to post on my blog several times. I also did some work on embroidery and crocheting projects. I did a lot of work in my Christmas notebook and starting planning for my Christmas crafting. I also downloaded some patterns for future sewing projects.

So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! All in all, it was a fairly on-track week, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing a great job with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Laura! And thanks for visiting here at my kitchen table; please stop by again anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.