Thursday, November 04, 2010

Last of the harvest


Yesterday, I pulled the carrots. They were the only things remaining in our little vegetable garden. We had harvested everything else before our vacation, fearing frost would come while we were away (which it did). A couple of nights ago the temperature went down to 20ยบ, so I decided it was time to get the carrots out of the ground too.

We had planted a kaleidoscope mixture of carrots. I think they are so pretty, even though some are small and others quite misshapen. A couple of the purply-red carrots actually look like beets! (But one of them is cracked, so you can see the orange insides.)

This morning I gave all the carrots a good scrubbing. They look good enough to eat, and no doubt we will be enjoying them very soon!

I apologize for the blurry photos, but I sort of like this soft misty effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.