Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hamburger Cookies


Recently I needed to take some refreshments to church to serve after an event. I came upon this recipe for Hamburger Cookies in a Country Woman magazine and thought they would be fun to try. My ten-year-old granddaughter helped me -- in fact, she did a lot of the work.

Vanilla wafers are brushed lightly with corn syrup -- we used an artist-type paintbrush -- and then sprinkled with a few sesame seeds to resemble the bun tops.

Peppermint patties make the burgers.

We used yellow frosting to make the "cheese" (or "mustard" if preferred).

To resemble ketchup, I used melted red candy melts instead of red frosting to get a brighter red.

The chef:

The finished cookies:

These were so cute and got lots of favorable comments at the refreshment table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.