Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July flora and fauna

Here's some of what's blooming in July:

Orange daylilies in the wildflower garden:

A closeup of one of these gorgeous lilies:

Yellow primroses in the wildflower garden:

Blue bead lily at the edge of the yard:

Which looked like this a couple of months ago!

A red toadstool, somewhat the worse for wear, but with such a fairy-tale look I just had to share it. Love that pretty edge.

Another view of the red toadstool:

A gorgeous moth that entered my kitchen. Anyone know what it is?

Another view of the moth. Aren't those metallic spots simply amazing?

Last but not least, a tree frog Mr. T found in the freshly cleaned swimming pool!

God's Creation has such beauty and such infinite variety!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the beauty of creation surpasses anything man can come up with. Thanks so much for sharing these with us; it gives me great joy to see His wonders--even the most insignificant of them--if there is such a thing! Thanks for stopping by my post. May God richly bless you as you go into your weekend. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing such a thoughtful comment. I too find even the tiniest of God's wonders simply amazing. The colors! The detail! Truly God is great and greatly to be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I visited your blog. Thank you for sharing the beautiful wild things around your home. It is an amazing place to live.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.