Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Recent simple crafting

Guess the reflection of the window got in this picture.  But I'm using it because I like the way the glitter shows up on the roof of the house.
Here are just a few recent crafts I have completed.  It's slow going, as my crafting time is limited due to other responsibilities.  But I sure do have fun whenever I am able to take a few minutes (or even, happily now and then, a few hours) at the sewing machine or crafting desk!
Snow themed mug rugs I made as a fun little surprise for my daughter.  I had just a few scraps left of a  number of blue snow-themed fabrics.  They went beautifully with the snowman fabric -- also a remnant from another project.
The back of the mug rugs.  I found this remnant of pretty fabric with its design of frost patterns (or frosty tree branches, I can't tell which) at an antique shop when our family was visiting this past fall.
The most recently completed pieced place mat.  This is turning out to be such a fun use for the various bits and pieces of Christmas fabric in my stash.  It doesn't really matter what the center circle is since it will be covered with a plate, but I like the vintage look of the birch-bark-like print on this one.
This is a little plastic house I painted eons ago.  I decided to spruce it up with some snow medium and glitter so it will look nice with my other glittery houses.  For now, though, I'm keeping it on my crafting desk where it sparkles in the lights of our little bedroom tree.
Hope you've enjoyed these crafts.  I'm trying to finish up a set of ten of the pieced place mats, and have tons more ideas for mug rugs, so hopefully I'll have more pictures to show before too long!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 PM

    Mrs T, your crafts always make me smile.

    And thank you for the card! Please tell your husband that I was very impressed with his CVS haul! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the look at the crafts, Mrs. R! I completed 2 more place mats yesterday, so only 2 left to go!

    You are most welcome for the card. I did tell my hubby how impressed you were with his haul at CVS. I thought he did very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.