Monday, February 11, 2013

Goals for week beginning 2/11/2013

Vintage Valentine from my collection
Here are my goals for this week:
*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study
* Finish Sunday School lesson 11
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Review Psalm 103:1-5  (memorized some years ago)
*  Read 2 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground
*  Limit sugar
*  Exercise 5 or 6 times
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post daily in both of my blogs if possible
*  Do some research toward our trip to Nevada
*  Make a simple winter table runner
*  Make a Christmas shadow box with vintage items
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for  Zone 3, the bathroom, plus doing some decluttering and dusting in the living room and bedroom
*  Write some TripAdvisor reviews
*  Spend 2 hours updating my A-Store
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.


And here's how things went last week:
*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
* Finish Sunday School lesson 11 -- not quite done, although I did spend tons of time on it.  I ended up adding to lesson 10 just a bit so I could finish it up cleanly this week.
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook  -- DONE!  (I actually made 3 pages, I think.)
*  Review Psalm 103:1-5  (memorized some years ago) -- again, not done, though I did read over it several times
*  Read 2 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground  -- not done; only managed part of one chapter
*  Limit sugar -- did okay with this
*  Exercise 5 or 6 times -- exercised 4 times, so not too bad
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs -- DONE!
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night DONE! (every night but  one)
*  Post daily in both of my blogs if possible -- not quite done, though I did post several times
*  Do some research toward our trip to Nevada -- did a very little research, not enough to call it done
*  Make a simple winter table runner -- not done
*  Make a Christmas shadow box with vintage items --  not done
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for  Zone 2, the kitchen, plus doing some decluttering and dusting in the living room and bedroom  -- not done
*  Write some TripAdvisor reviews -- not done
*  Spend 2 hours updating my A-Store -- not done
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!

What got in my way?  Mostly just real life.  Thursday for example, went like this:  Got up before 5, had Bible reading, then breakfast.  Went to the grocery store at 7, came back and put groceries away, then had my prayer time before going out at 9 to deliver my dad's groceries.  After putting them away, came home and worked on my Sunday School lesson, then had lunch before heading out to pick up my dad at  12:40 for an appointment at 1.  Got home around 2:30 and worked on Sunday School and other tasks until time to start supper at 4:30 in order to deliver a meal to my dad around 5:30.  Ate supper a little after 6, then headed out with Mr. T to do our Walmart shopping.  Got home around 7:30 and had about an hour to accomplish whatever else I could (I chose working on a handcrafted gift) before it was time for prayer and then bedtime.  I know other people have busy days too, and am not feeling sorry for myself, just stating facts.  Life. is. busy.

All that to say I am hoping for a much more productive week ahead.  But life is out there.  And there are appointments.  So we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Life does get busy! We kept a friend's baby (17 months old) from Wednesday night to Sunday morning last week. I couldn't believe how much extra time one little girl took up! So all I got done each of those days was basic housekeeping. At least you have some things written down so you can choose something when you have some spare time, instead of sitting down and doing nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!

    Yes, I saw the pictures on your blog of the evidence of a little girl all around your house! You did well to accomplish basic housekeeping, I would say. It was so good of you to keep her for that time. I'm sure it was a great blessing for your friends to get away and to know she was in such good hands.

    I'm really not complaining ... I recognize that eldercare responsibilities often accompany this stage of life. But I do get tired. I'm a person who just prefers to be home, but often find myself out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.