Wednesday, September 13, 2017

September 13 Hodgepodge


Wednesday again!  Time for the Hodgepodge with Joyce and friends at From This Side of the Pond.  Head on over and get the questions, answer them on your own blog and then on back over to Joyce's to link up!

1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

I think that it could be, depending upon the picture.  There are some pictures that tell such a story that it would take more than a thousand words to describe all that is happening.

2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?

We have never driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway.  I think that this sort of trip may be in the offing when Mr. T retires.   Our daughter and son-in-law would like to take us on such a trip sometime when we are visiting them.

3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? 

 I enjoy changing seasons and am happy I live in an area where there four distinct seasons.  As the seasons change, I usually find myself looking more forward.  I think about the upcoming season and how I'd like it to look in terms of what I accomplish and what my walk with God looks like (and more).  I'm learning to set goals for various seasons and I think that's very helpful for the effectiveness of my life in general.
From Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is? 

No question, it's fall to winter that bothers me most.  I love fall; it's my favorite season of all.  I also love Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But cold weather, ice, freezing rain, winter driving -- just not my favorites.  I celebrate the arrival of fall with a bit of a shiver, for I know what's coming afterward.  It does help a lot, though, to keep in mind that it's God who changes the times and the seasons.

4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having?

As a child, I chose hamburgers, potato salad, corn fritters, and iced tea for my celebratory meal.   My birthday's in January so I liked this taste of summer for my birthday.  Nowadays, I guess if I could pick a meal from any time of year and eat it any place I would love to go to the Cabbage Island Clambakes and enjoy a delicious lobster dinner with fish chowder to begin, and blueberry cake and coffee to end.

Since that wouldn't be possible in January, I'd settle for our local seafood restaurant.

 Do you ever lie about your age?

No.

5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?

Hmmm.... I actually learned this one awhile ago, but I'm continuing to learn it:

     "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."
  (Proverbs 27:1)

Another by Abby
We just never know.  And sometimes, what a day brings forth is completely inexplicable.  Thankfully, God does know, and somehow He allows inexplicable things for purposes of His own.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.  

My mind is incapable of any rational thought right now, I'm afraid.
And one more ... yes, by Little Birdie Blessings
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Are you on autopilot this morning? 🙂 You are not alone as others are also having trouble with a random thought. I feel so much as you do about loving autumn, but that transition from fall to winter can be anxiety-inducing for we know what is coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee!

      I always love seeing your comments and knowing you are still out and about in blogland.

      Autopilot pretty well describes it! I did notice others seemed to struggle with a random thought this week. Glad for Abby's beautiful graphics to help fill in the blanks!

      Yes, we know what is coming and we are not looking forward to it ... but we'll enjoy autumn while we can, right?

      Delete
  2. Your random thought is lovely. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. Abby's work is such a blessing!

      Hope you enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  3. I do not know how you New Englanders cope with winter. I would be in a heap crying when there was an April snowstorm.:) I have always been a Hamburger girl. I think I could eat one every day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only by God's grace, Arlene!

      I could probably eat a cheeseburger every day, but we only have burgers occasionally now. Trying to eat more healthfully ... but you know we often fall down where desserts are concerned!

      Delete
  4. I love the verses from Corinthians. Your birthday dinner looks so foreign but beautiful to me. I've never eaten lobster, and clams only in clam chowder which I make every Christmas Eve. I think that all of us who live where winter is real, feel the same way about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog you have and thanks for stopping by today. I'm really with you on winter and our winters are generally mild. Thank goodness! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clambake would be a great birthday meal. I enjoy winter, but not too much winter : ) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.