And speaking of elections, here's something that's somewhat more reliable than polls -- it's time again for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, where Joyce poses the questions and bloggers fill in the answers. It's great fun and also a good way to come up with an interesting blog post. If you'd like to join in, just head over to From This Side of the Pond and get the questions from Joyce, then answer them on your own blog. Here are the questions for this week:
1. How do you define peace?
To help define true peace, I would love to share these truths about spiritual peace from Elizabeth George's book on the fruit of the Spirit, God's Garden of Grace:
• Our peace has nothing to do with our circumstances and everything to do with knowing we have a right relationship with God.
• Our peace has nothing to do with daily challenges or crises and everything to do with knowing that our times are in God's hands.
• Our peace has nothing to do with the conditions of our life and everything to do with knowing that God is all-sufficient.
• Our peace is an inward repose and serenity of soul that indicates a heart at rest -- regardless of our circumstances -- as we place complete confidence in God minute by minute.
• True spiritual peace comes with knowing that our heavenly Father is continually with us ... God is omnipresent and therefore fully aware of every detail of our life at every moment and in every place.
|Graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
Oh yes, let's vote! I love the idea of voting on sandwiches! So let's see:
Egg salad, providing the eggs are chopped fine and there is no raw onion. Or even better, tuna and egg together.
Bagel with cream cheese (but I'd rather have it with peanut butter)
Ham and cheddar
Make mine veggie
And if you want to try a really scrumptious sandwich, check out this old favorite of ours: Bacon Cheeseburger Subs.
3. When did you last say (or feel) 'no rest for the weary'?
Oh, good question! Probably back when we were spending hours every day clearing out the family homestead. I certainly didn't utter that phrase in the last few days, as we have had some really good rest and relaxation time.
|Another by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings |
4. This time last year, where were you?
I was busy! You can read about it in a post from last year: Tuesday Thankfulness. I found it in looking back in the archives to see what I was doing. I'd forgotten, but our local daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 20th anniversary by spending a weekend in the north woods at a rustic lodge. We stayed with the kids. There was other busyness, too, during that time.
5. Share a favorite song, verse, or quote featuring the word 'peace'.
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." (Isaiah 26:3) I also love the hymn "Wonderful Peace".
|Graphic from Good Morning Girls|
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We just got back from a couple of days up north with a friend at her cabin. Talk about peaceful! On Monday we literally just sat and watched snow fall on the fir trees and a little pond. I got a lot of crafting done too, and Mr. T caught up on some studying and reading and even took a nap!
|(Photo from last winter)|
Happy Wednesday, everyone!