Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday five

 


Time for a Friday five!  I posted over on Instagram about these improvements at our little camp, so I will just share a little bit here as well for those who are not on IG.  Here we go!

1.  Getting two thresholds painted inside the camp.  The center section, because of its wheel wells from the when it was hauled from place to place as a lumber camp, is a step up from the kitchen on one end and the living area on the other end.  On the kitchen end, the threshold was a combination of an ugly black enamel with some unintentional green, white and gray spatters, and a piece of unfinished plywood.  On the living room end, it was an old, battered unfinished wood threshold.  I've been wanting to paint both of them gray for some time but had been dithering about paint.  Here's what I ended up using!  I did both thresholds with one 97¢ bottle!  I don't have a photo of the finished project, but will try and get one soon.

2.  Progress on the outdoor shower!  It's getting close!  Below is just a peek inside with a lot still to be done: hot water heater on the left, shower surround to the right.

 

A better look at the shower house itself:

3.  My hubby embedded these slate pieces in cement for a bottom step.  The slate pieces were in the ground in front of the door, along with the door rock partially seen at the top of the photo.  He took the middle step/set of stones from one of the many stone walls on the property.


4.  Flowers!  The plants our friend Charlotte gave us have taken hold well.  These are called Irish Eyes and I love them.

5.  (Trying not to squeal with delight over this one!)  Cold spring water piped to the kitchen sink ... courtesy of gravity and Yankee ingenuity!  What a difference it makes to have running water even if it is only cold.  Don't mind the measuring spoons in the sink.  I had been using a tablespoon to fill sachets with an herbal mixture and had placed the spoons in the sink to wash later.  They were still there when the clarion call came to turn on the faucet!


There's my simple Friday five.  Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


6 comments:

  1. So exciting to have these improvements to your camp!! A HOT shower!! And running water in the kitchen sink?! That is great!!! I can't wait to see what you painted! I bet your family is going to really LOVE being at the camp with you! What a fun time that will be. Much laughter and joy of being together in a fun place. And they can take a hot shower! LOL. So much fun. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, actual HOT showers! What a blessing. It's great seeing the improvements come to pass.

      Delete
  2. That's a sight I would have loved to see. Unfortunately, it's still pump and haul water at the cottage. Those Irish eyes are so green and beautiful. Something new for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty exciting moment when the water came gushing out of that faucet! So thankful for my hubby's practical abilities and "make it do" mindset.

      The Irish Eyes were new to me also. So pretty!

      Delete
  3. You can boil water when you need some hot water:)
    I know y'all are going to enjoy many days at the camp. For me, it is those simple things that mean a lot and memories are made. I love those Irish eyes. Never heard of them, but I do love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't they pretty? I had never heard of them either.

      You're right, we have an electric teakettle and can boil hot water when some is needed in the kitchen.

      Yes, simple things and making memories. We are hoping for a wonderful visit.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.