Wednesday, August 24, 2022

No waffling on the hodgepodge

 

 It's Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's questions involve waffles, late summer, and life itself.  Here goes!

 1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? 

Many times this summer I've found myself waffling on whether or not to go along with my hubby during his weekly work day at The Wilds of New England.   I'm always torn about going along or spending some much-needed time at home.  And the same thing happens when he goes to our little cottage to work on projects.  There's always plenty to do at either place and sometimes it's hard to decide which will be more advantageous.

2. Do you like waffles? Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Any favorite toppings or add-ins? Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer? 

Yes, I do like waffles and especially homemade ones.  My hubby is famous for his waffles.  You can find his recipe in this post: Waffle Buffet.  There are a few certain types of frozen waffles that I like.  Nature's Path makes a gluten-free Homestyle waffle that's really good (sweetened with pear juice) 

 


and a delicious Pumpkin Spice gluten-free waffle that's available year-round.  (I don't necessarily eat gluten free all the time, but the gluten-free frozen waffles seem more nutritious to me.)  In my post about the waffle buffet you'll find some of my favorite toppings.

I do prefer waffles to pancakes as a rule.  But these Sheet Pan Pancakes could change my mind ...

3. Do you have any mementos from this summer (or past summers)? What do you do with them? 

I don't tend to save a lot of mementos.   If it's something small and flat, like this ticket stub, I will paste it into my scrapbook journal.

 Larger things, like sand dollars or shells, might get displayed in my summer decorating.

Or they might get added to a frame as in the project below:

4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? 

I'd like to see my hubby get one of his kayaks off the garage wall and actually go kayaking.  He's been so busy this summer with all kinds of things. Thankfully he will be getting some kayak time when our Nevada loved ones arrive!

5. Life is too short to___________________________________. 

Life is too short not to spend time with people you care about.   

 

And even more important  -- in light of the brevity of life, I also want to live each moment to the glory of God.


 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My local daughter and I spent a good bit of time yesterday planning meals and some activities for the upcoming family visit.  I think we have a pretty good plan going!  Story Land (below) is one activity on the agenda.


 

And that wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week!  Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog? 

7 comments:

  1. Oo I will have to try your husband's recipe! My son is a huge waffle fan. And I love that your answer for what to do before the end of summer is focused on your husband taking a break. That is very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteer in a local soup kitchen and we occasionally do breakfast for lunch. Last week we made the sheet pan pancakes and they're pretty good. They came out a little bit thicker than I like my pancakes, but that could be adjusted with practice. Great for crowds or big families who all want to eat together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I have a friend who has shared many wonderful memories at Story Land. :-)
    I like how you summed up #5!!
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to get help in planning so meals ahead of time. That will really cut down on the waffling about what to eat when the crowd arrives! Yes, the best ideal to live in a way that glorifies God. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Story Land in North Conway? (Jackson?) That should be fun for everyone. I am sure your family will be happy just being together. And yes, I do hope your hubby can get in some kayak time soon. I haven't taken mine out in a long time, due to last year having surgery on my neck and having a frozen shoulder. And now our pond is very low on water, but we are getting a lot of rain here lately, so maybe I'll get the kayak out this fall if the water levels stay up. We shall see. I am very out of shape. We sometimes just do the frozen eggo waffles for a quick and easy breakfast, but I like to add blueberries to the top along with butter and syrup. We normally have eggs and sausage with it to balance it out. I don't have a waffle maker, so the frozen ones have to do. I've never seen the Nature's Path ones, but I do eat their pumpkin and flax seed granola with my yogurt quite often. Just had some today as a matter of fact. Enjoy the rest of your summer days, and get ready for the family to come. I know you will be happy happy when they arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by today. A great answer to #5. Enjoy your Nevada company and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Life is too short not to spend time with people you care about." Oh, thank you for this, Mrs. T. Sometimes life is so busy, or distracting, or any number of things, that I need to be reminded of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.