Tuesday, August 01, 2023

A few goals for August

 


Time to turn the calendar page!  I'm not even sure where July went, but here are a few goals for August:

* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week
* Continue working through the "Make Room Challenge" from Make Room for What You Love
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- hopefully several times per week
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Stay at our little camp as often as possible
* Have friends over for lunch after church
* Craft some homemade Christmas gifts and decorations (yes, even now!)
* Do some sewing projects ( a few more sachets to stave off musty odors) for the cottage
* Finish 2 pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue decluttering the entire house, zone by zone
* Take a short getaway with my hubby
* With my hubby, set some goals for the rest of 2023
* Attend two memorial services
* Attend a celebration of life
* Meet with teams we are a part of at church
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Finish up my trust responsibilities
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Begin a focus on improving my gut health
* Memorize four Bible verses and review four older ones
* Prepare and teach a ladies' Sunday School class each week
* Get back into our study of the book of Daniel with younger believers
* Continue to help a widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Drink enough water each day
* Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week

HEALTHY HABITS FOR AUGUST:  Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/intermittent fasting/limit carbs/work on gut health

All that should be more than enough to keep me out of trouble!  Of course, many of these goals are ongoing ones and will not be finished just because July has ended.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your list of goals...some I should adopt as well. I wish we could plan a little getaway this month for our 54th anniversary...but with Dr. appointments and other issues going on, I doubt it will happen this month. Besides, I'd rather wait until it cools down a bit. It's too hot to travel anywhere right now. I hope you can stay at your little cabin often. Please share more pictures of it when you can. I love seeing that sweet and happy place! I used to have people over after church for lunch back when I was younger and had more energy. Nowadays we just go out to eat at a local diner with church friends after church and then go home and take a nap. No clean up or mess...but I miss having people in our home. I just don't have the energy to do as much entertaining now as I used to. I understand now why older folks rarely ever invited us to their homes for dinner when we were in the ministry...besides the fact that we had 3 active boys, I know now how hard it is to prepare a meal on a Sunday morning before church. Somehow I used to do it, but that was then and this is now. LOL. I admire you and wish we lived closer so we could visit! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.