Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A few more flowers

Here are a few more of the spring flowers we've seen around our yard during the past month.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a yellow Clintonia, also called "Blue Bead Lily" because later in the season it produces blue bead-like berries. In our yard, these Clintonias are mostly grouped around one slab of granite -- almost as if we planned it that way. We didn't ... but the Creator obviously did!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These delicate flowers are called Wood Anemones or Wind Anemones. They are growing in the wildflower garden my daughter planted as a young teenager.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Starflowers like this one grow in the wildflower garden and all through our woods.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These violets grow all around our yard as well as in the wildflower garden. On our daily walks we often find violets growing in the most unlikely, inhospitable places. It always reminds me that we need to bloom where we are planted and that our joy need not depend on our circumstances in life.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are not growing in our yard, but in our neighbors' yard. I am not positive what they are, but they strongly resemble forget-me-nots. Aren't they a gorgeous color?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love spring flowers- what lovely pictures you took!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. Wilt! My hubby is actually the photographer of these, but since we are one, I can accept the compliment, too, right? I'm still learning to use the digital camera, but expect to have fun with it in days to come.

    Thanks for visiting at my kitchen table!
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is quite talented at photography Mrs. T. I have trouble with my photos coming out blurry.....does he have any suggestions? LOL I'm new with my digital camera too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.