Thursday, June 14, 2007

Quote for the day


Graphic from Abby, at Little Birdie Blessings
From my 'quote notebook', here's another inspiring quote, this one on prayer.

"I give myself unto prayer." (Psalm 109:4)

"The instruction to ourselves from these words is most comforting and precious. Are we bowed down with sorrow and distress? 'I give myself unto prayer.' Are we persecuted, and reviled, and compassed about with words of hatred? 'I give myself unto prayer.' Has death entered our dwellings? ... 'I give myself unto prayer.' God... gives prayer as the balm of human trial."
~ Barton Bouchier ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.