Monday, June 11, 2007

A thought-provoking quote...


I've been doing a 27-fling boogie in my computer room... part of Kelly's Mission for today at FlyLady.net. Several more items need to be flung -- bits of paper I've saved with quotes on them. But first, I need to get them down on paper, and into my blog. Here's the first one.

"God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6)

"How we love to prance into the limelight and live there! This is the opposite of biblical humility.... It turns out that it is the humble, dutiful person who finds uncluttered joy in giving full attention to life's demands. Proper foundations enable a creative, satisfying, and interesting personal life." -- Susan Schaeffer Macauley

Isn't that challenging? I am so thankful for those moments of "uncluttered joy"! May I seek to live each day this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.