Monday, February 04, 2008

Menu Plan Monday for February 4


Menu Plan Monday again! Mondays seem to come around so quickly. As I was thinking about menu planning, I was reminded that I have been planning my menus for many, many years. One time, probably a year or two before we got married, I remember visiting the home of a young, very busy couple. On the fridge or a cabinet door, I can't remember now, was posted the menu for the week. I was SO impressed! And I decided right then and there that I was going to do that very same thing. I have made a menu plan for all the years since. It really is a huge help. It's encouraging to me to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie and see that often well over 100 people are sharing their menus. So if you need menu planning ideas, go visit Laura and check out all the links to menus!


This week's menu features some repeats, since there were some days last week when particular menus didn't get used or got rearranged. Here's my plan:

MONDAY: Herbed Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese & Walnut Sandwiches

TUESDAY: Pizza, Pasta Salad

WEDNESDAY: Mexican Beef Stew, Cornbread

THURSDAY: Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans, Coleslaw

FRIDAY: Spinach Tortellini Soup, Bread or Rolls

SATURDAY: Shepherd's Pie, Green Beans, Applesauce

SUNDAY: Curried Chicken with Peaches, Rice, Asparagus Stir-fry Blend

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Your whole week sounds great, but I think Sunday's meal is my favorite..I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see your menu plans, Mrs. T; reading of all the other women on blogger who plan menus helped inspire me to start making our own schedule for dinner. It has helped out so much -- in our budget and my time management! Seeing what others have planned helps me out when I get stuck in a "rut," too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Wow, can I eat at your house every night this week? I love your menu! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.