Friday, July 11, 2008

Show & Tell for July 11



My Show & Tell today is extremely simple, but I really wanted to share something, however simple. This is the last of my posts showing things on my walls.

This picture is on the wall in our living room, over the couch. This is a familiar print; you have probably seen it in country-type catalogs, and some of you may even own this yourselves. I had often seen it in catalogs myself, and admired it every time, but would not spend the money to get one. Well, a number of years ago we became acquainted with some new friends. These folks visited our church while staying at a local campground, and came to know the Lord as their Savior during that time. We got to know these folks and became close friends. When they decided to sell their home and become full-time RVers, they sold or gave away whatever belongings they could not take. This painting was a gift to us from those very special friends. At the time, we were making a few changes in our living room -- changes which are still not fully complete due to lack of funds -- and this painting helped to pull all of the changes together. Every time we look at it, we think of our dear friends and are reminded to keep them in prayer.




To see what others have shared for Show & Tell this week, go visit There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. It’s so much fun to see what others have to share!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I have seen that picture before. Having received it from friends sure makes it even better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I love that picture and like you, never bought it because of the price. How great of your friends to give it to you. What a fantastic remembrance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've seen this picture and I like it. So nice of them to give it to you and to have it to remember them by.Praise for their conversion.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked that print, myself. What a nice gift and reminder of your friends. I'm glad they came to know Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and so special because it came from a friend.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picture is very pretty but your story is beautiful. What a wonderful reminder of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful picture and very special friends!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice group of friends around my kitchen table! I am so happy that you all stopped by and that you enjoyed seeing the picture.

    Thanks for all of your sweet comments, and please stop by any time!

    God bless you all,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.