Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Walking through the valley...



This past week in my study of Psalm 23, I was so encouraged by the thought that we only walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Our Shepherd is with us, and He doesn't leave us there in the valley of the shadow. This truth was such a blessing to me. And the Lord has continued to reinforce it in my thinking.

During the opening time of our Sunday School hour each week, kids and adults alike share verses they've memorized during the week. This week, one man shared Isaiah 43:1-2. Verse 2 stresses the same thought: "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

The Lord also just brought to mind Psalm 66:12 -- "We went through fire and through water: but Thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place."

We walk through difficulty, and God is with us to bring us through it -- into a wealthy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.