Friday, July 11, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday for July 11


Well, it has been some time since I've been able to participate in Sew Crafty Friday, but I am going to try it today. In addition to the things I'm showing, I also managed to complete a flannel jumper I started back in the winter for one of my granddaughters. Hopefully it will still fit her or her younger sister by next winter.

Here is the completed apple pie potholder I've been working on, plus the second one in progress. I only need to add the bias tape. (These potholders were among my many UFOs -- they've been languishing in a tote for years!)



Also languishing in the large drawer where I keep most of my cross-stitch supplies were 3 Christmas guest towels with aida inserts. I decided to start stitching those for Christmas gifts, and have only gotten this far on the first one. It's going to have a design of 3 colorful Christmas ornaments decked out with greenery, and the words "Holiday Wishes!" stitched in red.



A dear friend I met through blogging was recently in New England and we were able to meet in person! What a treat that was! My friend is talented in paper crafting (and many other crafts as well!) and brought a whole box of her lovely cards and tags to show me. I was inspired! I have not done much paper crafting at all, other than a few gift tags. But since her visit I decided to try a couple of simple tags using a favorite verse to place in different parts of the house. Here's the result:



This last craft is not mine, but I just had to show the beautiful anniversary card my daughter Carrie recently made. The illustration is a stamp of Betsy and Joe from the book "Betsy's Wedding". Didn't she do a nice job?



How about you? If you have managed to accomplish or even start any crafting this week, then head on over to Waiting for Him and share your projects. Shereen and others will be eager to see what you have to share.

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    I've been working on a few crafts, thanks for the invite to the other site... I'd love to share what I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:55 AM

    You have been busy. I have lots of UFO's in my craft stash also. I like the potholders. Very cute pattern. I hope you will share your finished cross stitch towels. I know they will be lovely. And the notecards are so cute. I like the boats on them. Your daughter must have got her talent from you. Thanks for sharing these with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you took out some of your WIPs, because I love those potholders!
    And your daughter is very talented. That card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:44 PM

    I love that you are working through all those unfinished projects! I really should work on mine too! I seem to enjoy starting new projects more then completing them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, everything is so beautiful. Hand crafted items are always a lovely gift or keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to my kitchen table, ladies! I am so happy to see all of you here. Thanks for all of your kind words about my crafting efforts.

    Please stop by and visit any time!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:12 PM

    What lovely crafts, and from Carrie and your friend too. I have quite a few UFOs too, so I really MUST try and get some finished -= and some finished ones framed - before the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mrs.T. I love your apple pie potholders! I hate to think of the ufo's I must finish up. That IS a beautiful card you received. But I think your paper crafting efforts are excellent. I do atc's but I just can't seem to get the greeting card type of thing. Mine always look silly to me. Nice post.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennie, and Nancy,

    Thanks for stopping by to see my crafts! And thanks for your kind words about them. I know you are both very "crafty" as well, yourselves, so your comments mean a lot. Nancy, I'm intrigued by ATCs but have yet to try making some. Maybe soon I will!

    Stop by anytime, ladies!

    God bless,
    Mrs. T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.