Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Monday, August 06, 2012
Goals for week beginning 8/5/2012
I cannot believe it's August already. This summer has flown by. In one way I'm glad time has passed quickly, because we have family coming from far away to visit in September. But in another way I'm sad that the summer is passing so quickly. However, having said that, September and October are really my favorite months, so I don't mind the passage of time tooooo much. Here are my goals for this week:
* Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study
* Start Sunday School lesson 12 * Limit sugar * Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter * Exercise 5 to 6 times * Keep up a good water intake * Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night * Post regularly in one or both of my blogs *
Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 2, the kitchen * Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal
* Weed garden and move several plants (these would be marigolds getting overrun by squash) * Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.
And here's how last week went:
* Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study -- DONE! * Limit sugar -- failed miserably at this * Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter -- not too badly -- I made great strides on a UFO project. * Exercise 5 to 6 times -- DONE! * Keep up a good water intake -- DONE! * Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- didn't do so well with this * Post regularly in one or both of my blogs -- DONE! *
Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 5, the living room (for the
first part of the week) and then Zone 1, the front porch, entry and
dining room -- did okay with this, but not as much as I'd hoped * Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family -- DONE!
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal -- not done
* Weed garden and move 2 plants -- DONE! (Not that weeding ever really stays done, but I did weed most days and I did move 3 plants.) * Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!
So, all in all, things went fairly well. My week (once today and tomorrow are over) doesn't look too busy, but I may be just kidding myself. I am hoping for a productive week, however!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.